Thursday, July 29, 2004

7 RHYMES WITH HEAVEN

On July 14th Ross turned 7.  The following situation took place that morning …

Ranking most high on the frustration meter is the fatigue I have to endure as a result of having MD.  It is frustrating because my brain thinks at one speed, and my body lags behind at another.  In order to conserve energy, I get assistance in doing things of a physical nature.  Getting dressed is one such thing.  Pulling on a pair of pants is both physically challenging and demanding.  So, when Daniel is not around, Ross has learnt how to assist me in getting pants on and he does it extremely well.

His friend Brenna arrived early to spend the day with us.  I called him into my bathroom to come give me a hand with getting dressed shortly after she got here.

I heard him say to Brenna “I will be right back, I am just going to get my Mom dressed”.  Gulp!  While he was gently guiding my pants over my feet, I said to him,

“Ross, do you ever feel embarrassed about the fact that you have to help me get dressed?”

“No Mommy”.

“I am sure you realize that most of your friends don’t have to do this, so I want you to know that if it embarrasses you, it is really ok to tell me, I won’t be upset with you”.

He got up off his haunches and walked towards the bathroom door.  When he got there, he stood in the doorway and turned back to face me.  “Mommy” he said, “sometimes you just got to do what you got to do”, closed the door and went back to carry on where he left off with Brenna.

I acknowledge my child for his empathy, his kindness and his Divine connection.  I acknowledge my husband for achieving the greatest parenting skill, to teach by example.  I celebrate all our lives for this beauty and these blessings.
 


T H A N K Y O U  &  H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y    R O S S !
 

 
-->