Friday, December 31, 2004

JANUARY 1, 2005

It’s 2.10am on January 1st, 2005! Daniel has just responded to an ambulance call in spite of his exhaustion and head cold. Unless I am already asleep when he leaves on a call, I find it difficult to not wait up for him. I decided this would be a great opportunity to put some time in at my desk.

My week just vanished into a blur of phone calls and emails all concerning my Mom. I am thrilled that she was well enough to be discharged from the hospital and is home safe and sound. Being the strong, independent woman that she is, she would not even consider the idea of coming to stay over at my house for even one night. She wanted the comfort of her own bed and surroundings and as difficult as it was for me, I respected her wish. I hope that she will now have a speedy and full recovery and I thank God for keeping her safe and getting her through this horrible ordeal.

I had hoped to have the time to do a major update on this here blog of mine before the end of 2004. There are things I wanted to write about and share. This morning I debated about whether I should spend time posting stuff that has been and gone during the course of the year. I was not able to post certain things because of various events that took me away from the usual activities of my day-to-day life. I questioned if there was any point in spending time looking back when at the start of the new year perhaps I should rather focus on what is ahead of me, rather than what has been. I decided that the events that I wanted to share were all meaningful to me and that I wanted to record them. So, over the next couple of days I will take the time to put it all together and although it will be a bit late, it will be my way of winding the year of 2004 down. I like completing things. I believe in putting things away and tying ribbons around them. I like to make space for new energy, people and experiences. I enjoy the peace that comes with being organized.

I wish everyone who happens upon these pages love, peace, happiness and good health in the year ahead. Thank you for visiting and I hope you will come back again.

Hugs and Love,
Dawn-Unplugged xoxo

 
-->