Tuesday, December 21, 2004

THINGS ABOUT MY FAMILY (and some other life issues) THAT BAFFLE ME!

I used to have my nails done at the salon where I get my hair cut. I chose to go back to the salon I used to use because they are open every day. The technician at the hairdresser is not there every day. I had intended to explain this to her the next time I saw her rather than tell
her that my decision was also motivated by the fact that her equipment was darn dirty. She chose to snub me the first time I saw her again. Do you see why this is baffling or am I being over sensitive? Don’t you treat people nicely when they have chosen to give their money to you for a service a million other people provide? Ok, maybe not a million, but my choices are not exactly limited!

Why is it that in spite of how much extra time I give Ross before it’s lights out time, his entire future happiness always hangs in the balance over another one minute? Just “one lousy minute” Can it really make a difference? Do you see why this is baffling to me or do I need to revert back to the section I overlooked in the one or two child rearing books I have read?

When I use a band-aid on either one or another of my own body parts, or I place it on one or another body part of Ross’, the process includes throwing away those little pieces of white paper you pull off the band-aid first. My beloved husband, who uses a LOT of band-aids on his thumb ‘cos it has these dreadful little cuts that are extremely painful, can’t go all the way in this instance. It baffles me how the distance between his body and the bathroom counter is just that teenzy weensy bit too far away to negotiate those irritating farging pieces of paper into the trashcan. I am constantly picking up those little fuckers who are so darn stubborn and cling to the counter for another lousy minute of life on earth! Do you see why it is baffling to me that this super intelligent fire fighting rescue hero has an aversion to the garbage can when it concerns his band-aids, or do I need to re-read “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff”?

I am completely baffled by the fact that it can take me three attempts to have the phone company set up my new FREEDOM PLAN ~ and no, it has nothing to do with my monthly cycle! How is it that I can be cut-off, disconnected, call it what you like, from the telephone company, by the telephone company and when I call back each time, they have the audacity to ask if I received shining, golden and all other kinds of adjectives to describe good service. I mean, hello, can you hear me now?

My Stepdaughter works at a Hallmark store. She has done a large amount of Christmas shopping. Why then, on the day of another shopping spree, does she come to me to ask if I have any gift wrap that she could use for her work’s Secret Santa gift? You buy gifts, surely you buy the paper to wrap them in?. Do you see why this is baffling or am I being paranoid about my gift-wrap supplies? She did ask me if I was sure I had nothing else to wrap … yet, I still don’t get it.

I guess this is the stuff that makes my world keep churning!
Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.
Martin Mull

 
-->