Monday, December 06, 2004

THE ULTIMATE GIFT

My friend Karen in London was due to have her second child on Friday 17th. Her son Jamie and Ross were at nursery school together and through their love for each other, we became friends.

The first thing I did when I sat down at my computer this morning, was order a gift I saw in a catalogue over the weekend. I had been thinking about what to get for the new baby and I found something I really liked. At 7.45 pm, I received a phone call from her husband Stuart to tell me that the baby had been born at around 4pm our time, 9pm UK time.

He shared the events of the day with me and I was overjoyed to hear that Karen had given birth to a healthy baby girl whom they named SOPHIE EMMA. I was so touched by the fact that aside from both sets of grand parents, the only person Stuart was calling, at the request of Karen before he left the hospital for the evening, was me.

What I love about this event in my day is that it confirms the things I believe in. I totally get that I picked up on the energy of the birth of the baby, even though I didn’t know it at the time. It reminds me that no matter how much physical distance exists between the people we love and ourselves we remain connected. Our lives are entwined, and every single thing that happens impacts on everyone around us.

Mazal Tov Stuart, Karen and Jamie. You couldn’t have asked for a greater celebration of light than that of a new being to shine in your lives. Happy Birth Day Sophie Emma.

 
-->