Monday, December 20, 2004

THE UNIVERSE KNOCKS TWICE

It is no secret on this blog that I am a fan of Jen Gray.

Technology and the Internet have allowed Jen and me to form an interesting, meaningful and truly heartfelt friendship. Although we have never met, it has not been a limiting factor and I feel confident to say we are growing a lasting and meaningful relationship.

While getting together gifts and greetings for the holidays this year, I decided I wanted to send something to Jen. Her input and creative expression has been such a source of pleasure to me that I wanted to acknowledge it with something more tangible than an email or just another mention here. I wrote her and asked if it felt “too stalkerish” to ask for a snail mail address for the holidays. In a huge leap of faith, which I appreciated very deeply, there was no hesitation from her side to furnish me with her address. I chose a gift basket of what looked like really yummy organic fruits to send to Jen.

I received an email from her the day after I had scheduled the delivery. In spite of only having been charged once, turns out that two gift baskets were delivered; one as ordered, and a second the next day.

While I have no doubt in the natural order of the universe, there is something very reassuring for me when miracles like this manifest in my life. I couldn’t have said it better myself … here, lovely lady (and lovely husband), TAKE TWO!

 
-->