Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I REALLY WASN'T SURE WHAT TO SAY

Darling Ross

This last week, you came to learn a new word – tsunami. As an adult you will look back in time and remember this event that took place when you were 7 years old. I found it so difficult to find a way to explain this to you, because I myself find it all so hard to comprehend.

In teaching you about the world around us, my child, or showing you what I feel is the compassionate and respectful way to conceptualize things, I too learn more about life, as much as you do. The truth of the matter is that this is not part of our reality. When these things happen, and we are spared the horrors that can take place, we must thank God and the powers that be that keep us safe. In the best way within our means, we must extend help. In this instance, besides keeping these people in our prayers, we must make a contribution towards getting aid to as many people as possible. We must say thank you over and over again for everything we have, every day.

All my love,
Mama xo

 
-->