Wednesday, June 01, 2005

THE CONTENDER
This was my favorite. I have never enjoyed watching boxing so I can’t recall what made me tune in to the first episode, but I did, and I was instantly hooked. Overall, I thought the contestants displayed the best characteristics of true sportsmanship that I have ever seen on any TV show, ever! It was a case of wanting all of them to win. I do not claim to be any kind of boxing critic AT ALL, but it was clear to me that after a certain point in the match, the boxing didn’t matter, it was their mental attitudes in the ring that got them through the match, or not. Power is choice; choice is power! I could see where the athlete goes when they talk of getting “into the zone”. I was upset to hear that the series will not be continued. Sometimes though it is a good thing because the magic of this kind of show can’t be captured over and over again.

 
-->