Sunday, June 19, 2005

DAD'S DAY

In spite of the fact that Daniel does not put much energy behind either Mother’s or Father’s Day, I don’t see any harm in it. I have therefore always encouraged the children to make an effort for their Dad. As Alex and David are now 20 and 16 respectively, I feel they are well old enough to be left to their own resources.

Ross and I chose an awesome basket of organic fruits on line during the week and arranged to have it delivered to Daniel's office. He had said that he wants to try cut down on the fast foods that he inhales in the lunacy of the work week, so we thought it would be a good idea to support this intention. It was delivered on Friday morning and Daniel was thrilled with it.

Alex master-minded a perfect plan that resulted in some awesome pics of her and Ross. I have posted one of them and I do expect you will be able to tell the difference between the professional and the ‘photographer-unplugged’ shots! Daniel was really more than pleasantly surprised as he opened them in bed this morning.

Through very bleary eyes and having to have practically been dragged upstairs, David gave him one of these cool key chains.

Later on in the morning, Daniel asked me in a whisper if I thought he might be successful in asking Ross to delay going to movies. He had promised him yesterday that they would go this afternoon. I suggested to him he asked Ross directly. I really had to stifle my laugh when Ross so eloquently replied, “it’s up to you Dad. It’s Father’s Day, you choose.”

I just couldn’t help singing this to the tune of “glory, glory, hallelujah” – “pack your bags, you’re goin’ on a guilt trip, la la la la la la la la”

The joys of parenthood and the movie will be enjoyed by all today!

Blessings to all the Dads!

 
-->