Monday, December 26, 2005

CHOICES

We all know well enough that everything we do is down to our own choice. I sometimes struggle with the difference between choices and karma and circumstances and all the variables that come into play in any given moment in my life. Which ever way I choose to look at things, in my heart of hearts I do believe everything does begin and end with the choices I make or have made. With choice, comes responsibility. Sometimes that responsibility can feel like a burden and other times it can be a blessing … I guess it depends on how I choose to view it.

I spend a lot of time thinking about the choice that brought my soul to a body with a disease. It is indeed an ongoing dialogue of mine and one of these days I will get off my butt and start sharing my thoughts on my KEEPING THE PEACE blog. For now though, I want to share this.

Just before school closed for the winter break, Ross had some Social Studies homework to do. He is learning about the different cultures that make up American society and how much we can learn from each other. The 7th question asked that if he could declare a new national holiday, what would it be and why.

I told him that I thought this was a really interesting question and if I had to answer it, I would have to think about it as I was not sure what I would choose. He told me that he knew exactly what he wanted to choose and without any hesitation wrote down his answer. When he brought me the sheet of paper, this is what he had written:

 
-->