Tuesday, January 10, 2006

MY TRUTH ABOUT LYING

The beauty of the truth is that there is just the truth and nothing else. Simple and uncomplicated.
When it comes to lying, there are so many layers to it.

When you bring lying into the picture, it is impossible to avoid the baggage overload that comes with it. I am not sure which aspect of being lied to angers and upsets me more.

Is it the judgment call the liar makes of me that I am not big enough to take their truth?
Is it their judgment call that I will hold a judgment over them about their truth?
Is it the disrespect to the relationship between me and the liar?
Is it the mess that is invariably left behind for those being lied to, to clean up?

What I do know is that there is also the pain for the liar who finds themselves in such a place that the best they can do is lie.

If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
~ Virginia Woolfe

 
-->