Wednesday, May 17, 2006

THIS 'N THAT



Alex and Ross surprised me with these really gorgeous Mother's Day gifts.

Here is a mixed bag of things that you can enjoy as treats for yourself ...


I finally got to see BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and it was well worth the wait. The love between these two guys is as deep as the sadness of not living a fulfilled life. It made a profound statement in the gentlest of ways about how destructive prejudice is. I thought that both the music and cinematography were great and my desire to visit Wyoming is strong!


It has been a long time since I enjoyed a move as much as JUNEBUG. I love movies that leave it up to you to draw your own conclusions but that don't leave you guessing. Amy Adams' performance was nothing short of spectacular - you fall in love with her. This movie sucked me in completely to the point where I felt like I was one of the family caught up in the struggle of showing up in their own lives. This is a very different kind of movie and I would encourage everyone to see it.

When you are struggling to find a gift for someone, consider a donation in their name. My first suggestion is always the MDA. You can visit their site here where they make it very easy for you to donate. Please consider this association the next time you are looking for a perfect gift.

Have you ever been in the situation where a lack of money in a small amount is what stands between you and the possibility of getting on with your life? I have discovered this organization which gives you the opportunity to make a totally affordable donation in order to make a huge difference in someone's life. When it comes to supporting others financially, I think we often make the mistake of holding back because we ourselves can't quite manage something huge. Every llittle bit helps those in need. I have made this my charity of choice this year.

On March 23rd I received this email:
"Never start stopping, Dawn and never stop starting, something new.
Works for me.
-The Universe"

On March 26th, while at an Expo to launch a project I had been working on for close to a year, I fell and broke my shoulder. It was really a case of ON YOUR MARK, GET SET - STOP! (I will write more on this project soon.)

On March 27th, I received this email:
"Well, Dawn ... Each challenge adds to the suspense, adds to the mystery, adds to the chaos, adds to the possibilities, adds to the romance, adds to the adventure, adds to the joy.
Cool?
-The Universe"

Get your daily NOTES FROM THE UNIVERSE here. Some days they are exactly what I feel like hearing and when I feel like I don't want to "hear" that, I pay even more attention to the message!



It doesn't look like Keri Smith is selling these PERMISSION CARDS anymore, but there is a whole bunch of really cool stuff that she is selling.

Check out her shop here.

There are also some very nice posters to be had for free (just pay shipping and handling). Check out your choices here.

~ Happy Looking ~

 
-->