Wednesday, August 16, 2006

DOROTHY ...

When Dan Dan The Fireman is away on business, Ross assists me with getting dressed in the morning. The advantages of having someone help me is that it takes so much less time than when I do it myself, and it doesn’t leave me feeling physically tired from the process. Up until recently he used to have to stand on a step stool to hook my bra closed at the back, now he has grown, he can do it without the stool.

When we were both finished dressing, I slipped on my sandals and said to him, “You won’t believe how long I have had these sandals. At the end of this month we will have been in America for 5 years, and I brought them with me from London. I can’t remember how old you were when I bought them.”

“Where did you buy them from?” he asked.

“A little shoe shop in Bushey and I can’t remember exactly how old you were when I bought them – maybe 3 or 4. Either way, they are at least 7 years old and I think that next summer I should treat myself to a new pair.”

“Why Mom, these are nice and they totally bring out your personality!”

This kid lays a yellow brick road for me wherever he walks.

 
-->