Sunday, August 27, 2006

FIVE ...

In this order … I read Tammy’s blog from August 26th. I sat and looked out the window and thought how typically English the weather was today. The sky was grey and it was raining. I thought of England and asked myself “Where is home, really?” I know that has a certain ET ring to it and as I write I have this funny picture in my mind of me at the window, pointing to the sky with that special finger. I went and read Tammy’s blog again.

I remembered that five years ago, on a day that looked and sounded exactly like today, we had our farewell party in London.

I went back to my blog post from this time last year and had a chuckle at my list about what I had learnt after four years of living here. Now it is five – and these are the things I feel I have gained a deeper understanding of with regard to being here.

I don’t think it really matters what your address is. It’s about being able to take a moment, close your eyes and allow yourself to enjoy a moment’s peace. Peace about being with yourself. Peace about being where you are and trusting that this is exactly where you are meant to be. The more peace within that I create – the more joyful and fulfilled my life is – regardless of the address on my snail mail envelopes.

I reminded myself of something I often tell people – the more ok I get with myself, the more ok the people around me become, and they don’t have to do a single thing about it.

I miss the people I shared my life with in South Africa. I miss the people I shared my life with in England, and in Holland. Yet, if I were to fall into the category of ‘address unknown’ I know inside of me is the address I most yearn to be at the most – a place of peace and tranquility – a place of contentment - and from there – the possibilities of
where I go and what I create and experience are endless – and borderless – and infinite.

In celebration of our 5th year in the USA, I invite you to visit this site and watch the movie. It will be the most valuable $4.95 you have ever spent. If you have seen this already, watch it again. If you haven’t, I really urge you to take the time. (If you are not on line at home, share it with a friend who is, or plan to stay late at work. It's worth it. Alternatively, buy the DVD as there is every possibility you will want to watch it a second time.)

The whole planet is home – our address is truly EARTH – and we really do have the power to make it a peaceful haven for each and every one of us. PLEASE watch the movie.


THINK PEACE TM

pic courtesy: www.jengray.com

 
-->