Monday, August 14, 2006

INDULGING ...

It took quite a long time for me to learn how to accept compliments. When one would be extended to me, I would always respond with a counter argument or something to put a negative slant on the kindness that was being extended to me.

As I got older, I realized that this was quite an ungracious way of responding to people who were extending kindness to me. I firmly believe that every kind gesture goes out into the universe and is there for ever. It has a ripple effect and can’t be taken back. When I saw that by responding this way I was in fact sending out negative ripples, I changed my ways. It didn’t come totally easily but I eventually got myself to a place where it became easier and easier accept these kind of gestures from people.

With this in mind, I am going to indulge myself today by posting about my blog. I am dedicating today to everyone who finds their way here, and then comes back again. I had several reasons for starting my blog. I love writing and expressing myself this way, and I have always wanted to do something with it. I have many family members and friends spread out all over the planet, and I wanted a way to keep them up to date on what is happening in my family’s life. This seemed the perfect way to do it.

While I am confident I have achieved that, there has been the added bonus of making new friends. People who, in spite of never having met them, I have grown to love, value and have real emotions for. I find it difficult to articulate how it makes me feel when I read comments from people that tell me they have enjoyed what I have written. This lifts my spirits to great heights, and I thank you in return for being prepared to leave a comment and for extending your kindness to me that way.

As I write this I am thinking that I hope you, the reader, my friend – don’t find this post overly self indulgent. I thought it would be easier to say, ‘THANK YOU.’ Perhaps I have more growing up left to do than I realized.

 
-->