Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SURPRISE ...

During a conversation on Saturday night, DDTF made the comment that he wanted his colleagues who were going to be in town for a meeting to be able to get home on time for Valentine’s Day. I was completely shocked by this statement as DDTF holds a major point of view or two about Valentine’s Day. He does not feel the need for a special day for people to declare their love for each other and the whole commercial aspect totally turns him off.

I am on the fence about Valentine’s Day. I think it can be fun but certainly don’t take it too seriously. I have in the past been known to phone DDTF at work by noon on the day to say that he better make certain SOMETHING gets delivered to the front door before he gets home. I certainly don’t feel unloved though if no chocolate hearts or roses are delivered.

He was equally surprised at how shocked I was that he would even take Valentine’s Day into consideration while planning the schedule for his colleagues this week. I explained to him that I was actually impressed and how thoughtful I thought it was to consider them in spite of the fact that the day holds no major importance for him.

When I pulled into the driveway this afternoon after getting Ross from school, I noticed there was a delivery of flowers that had been left at the front door. Ross ran ahead and brought it inside for me.

The card read:

Dawn
Just incase you would ever believe in a million years
that I would forget that today is the day to tell you
how much I love you.
X X

Not bad for a non-believer.
Love You, DDTF!

(The reason the flowers were delivered today is because a ‘snow day’ was forecast for our area for 2/14.)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE!
If you haven't watched the video at the end of my previous post ... please check it out ~
it shows a much loved being who spread a very unqiue love around the planet.

 
-->