Thursday, April 05, 2007

WINNING ...

Terri honored me with a THINKING BLOGGER AWARD.



When I got to the end of her post, I went *GULP* I WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT SHE FELT THIS WAY! Then I again went *GULP* as I tried to swallow the fear of the technical challenge this honor presented me with. As I have written many times before, it is a complete miracle that I manage to get a thought from my head on to this blog page. I saw this as a challenge to rise to and felt it was the least I could do to thank Terri for honoring me this way.

Many years ago I did a workshop which asked this question:

DO YOU WANT TO WIN OR DO YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT?

I always thought I got the lesson in this completely. After reading what Terri wrote about me, I thought to myself that in spite of thinking all those many years ago that I had grasped the thinking behind that lesson, I actually think I only totally got it now. Getting this kind of acknowledgement felt like a real win to me. The beauty in all this is that no-one has had to be proven wrong for me to have won. When we get caught up in having to prove ourselves right, rarely does anyone win. If someone is walking away feeling I WAS RIGHT, then they are delighting in nothing more than proving someone wrong. Is there a win in that for anyone? I don’t think so.

Thank you, Terri and now I will attempt to follow the instructions correctly:


The rules state I am obliged to include the rules.


ONE:
If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that you would consider worthy of this award.

TWO:
Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

THREE:
Optional - Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote. Here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog.


Here are my 5 choices, in no particular order:


ONE:
SUPERHERO DESIGNS - I find this blog extremely inspirational. Andrea writes beautifully, takes beautiful photo's and makes beautiful things. Go see for yourself - I am sure you will love it if you don't already know it.


TWO:
JEN GRAY - A well known favorite read of mine and I frequently use pics from her site. Jen takes amazing photo's and has openly and so bravely shared her deepest feelings about her journey through divorce over the last year. It is hard to take pleasure from someone else's pain, but her work is inspirational.


THREE:
GARY - I love visiting this blog because of how simple it is to enjoy. I find it quite delightful and I really respect how Gary writes big stories in a few short lines. I have no doubt you will enjoy discovering this blog if it is new to you.


FOUR:
MRS GREEN THUMB - Her passion for everything she does is fantastic. She loves what ever she does and I think she wouldn't do something she didn't love doing. I have also come to value her words of wisdom that she kindly leaves in the comments section of my blog.


FIVE:
SPOOKIE - I think anyone with such devotion to her faith deserves acknowledgement. In spite of the difference in our religions which sometimes makes it difficult for me to totally relate to all that she writes about, I really do often question my level of commitment to things I believe in when I have visited Spookie. Without trying to, she keeps me on my toes.

 
-->