Tuesday, June 05, 2007

BACK ...

DDTF, Ross and I had a most wonderful vacation. We got back and had no choice but to swing right into ‘busy’ mode immediately. Prior to our departure we had assisted Ross in preparing for the 4th Grade Colonial Fair which was scheduled for 9am the day after our return. We arrived back in Brooklyn, NY and went to pick Pingy up from the doggy hotel. As soon as we got back home, we all spent the afternoon finalizing the preparations for the Fair. Once I have updated the ROSS EXPERIENCE, you will be able to see pics and read more about it.


In the week leading up to our departure a friend of mine in Chicago contacted me to ask if I would be interested in assisting the organizers with promoting a wonderful musical concert that will be taking place in both New Jersey and New York on Sunday and Monday respectively. I was grateful for the opportunity to be involved with this event and it kept me extremely busy prior to our departure and has continued to do so since our return.

If anyone is in the area, you should really take advantage of this event. This will be the sixth North American tour for the famous South African Jewish Musical – CELEBRATION. 3,000 applauded at the Royal Festival Hall in London and 800 in Great Neck, New York. Internationally acclaimed Oshy Tugendhaft & the Sydenham Men’s Choir, together with live musicians will appear in Montclair, New Jersey on Sunday, June 10th at 7.30pm.

Their show, ‘CELEBRATION 3’ celebrates the diversity of Jewish life. They are accompanied by a lively, jazzy orchestra and bring a vibrancy and joy to traditional and contemporary pieces. You can view some of their performances by visiting
www.youtube.com and doing a search for Sydenham Choir.

A lot of people have worked very hard to make this happen and I am really looking forward to it. It has truly been a treat to make a contribution to what will hopefully be a highly successful event.

DDTF is the chairman at his company’s annual conference taking place over three days this week. So between the Colonial Fair, Celebration 3 and the conference – this has been the first opportunity I have had to put fingers to key board. There has been much going on within our little family that has brought about some huge changes in our lives. All in all though, life has been good these past few weeks and there is much for me to share with you.
DDTF took this pic while we were on our cruise. It is very symbolic for me of the changes that have come into my life. When he captured this moment, I saw it as something to come back to that will remind me that there is always that some-one or that some-thing smiling down on me and looking after me. It makes me feel like I can breathe easily and with every breath I breathe new life and energy into every aspect of my life. This renewal feels so good!

Some family pics taken while we were enjoying our cruise.






At the risk of being repetitive, I again extend my most grateful thanks to those people who continue to pop in for a peek into my life and who never fail to reach out with love and kindness through the comment section. I intend to make my post more frequent and am about to go and make a long overdue visit to all those friends I haven’t stopped in at for some weeks.

 
-->