Monday, July 30, 2007

THANKS ...

Unfortunately I have hit a brick wall when it comes to sorting out the difficulties I am having with coming to terms with my new computer. I haven't had time to start my weekly lessons at the Apple store so I feel like I am stumbling around in the dark. I miss blogging, I miss the exchange of communications with all my blogging friends and the whole thing is really pissing me off. Every time I sign in to do a post and I come to the page where the post is created, I see a different picture. Right now, the only icons at the top of this box are the spell check and the one I click on to post a picture. I have no clue why all the other icons are no longer visible to me and I wouldn't know where or how to begin looking for them. Therefore, I have no clue how this post is going to look as there is no icon for me to select my usual font and the usual size.

I have been working on updates for KEEPING THE PEACE and THE ROSS EXPERIENCE, but right now as I can't even see the icon that would allow me to link you to them, I will stick with this post and hope for the best. If anyone can offer any feedback on the missing icons for me, I would really appreciate it and would welcome some pointers in the COMMENTS section.

Some time ago I sent out an email to everyone in my address book. I tried to be as diplomatic as I could in asking everyone to please refrain from sending me emails about the various wars going on around the world. I found I was opening emails and reading about absolute horror stories and looking at the graphic pics that went along with them. There were endless video links to news coverage that were equally horrific to me. Perhaps you might think I am like an ostrich and burying my head in the sand, but I just don't want to see that stuff. I have stated repeatedly on my blog that I am not a political thinker and I certainly don't hold any point of view other than that I support peace. It is also well known to regular readers of my blog and among those who know me that I believe very strongly in the concept that THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS - therefore, I choose to have peaceful thoughts. For the main part I was very grateful that no-one who received my email responded in any kind of negative way and in a very short space of time, those kind of emails stopped being sent to me.

The nature of some of the things going on in my life at the moment are making me focus a lot of time and attention to gratitude. I find myself really looking at my sincerity about the things I am grateful for. I think I throw this word around very lightly and I am trying to get myself more in touch with the heart and soul of it. When I lie in bed at night and hear Ross breathing in the next room while he sleeps soundly, I am thanking G-d on a much more conscious level then I have been doing for the fact that my healthy child is asleep in the room next to me and that I can safely assume he will be there in the morning. I don't mean to sound overly dramatic, but right now I feel like this is something I need to be looking at in my life and when I give thanks, I am trying to really be feeling it from deep inside my soul - rather than glibly throwing out a sentence like, "I am fine, thank you and thank G-d the family are all well." I am trying to spend a moment at the end of such conversations to really FEEL the gratitude and then give more conscious thanks for the many blessings in my life.

In the midst of all this contemplation, I received an email which caught my attention and made me dig even deeper in my quest to get in touch with the heart and soul of gratitude. I have not checked this out on SNOPES - it just had a sincere "feeling" about it. Perhaps you received it too - but if not, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. It read as follows:

The picture of this Army soldier in Iraq with his tiny "plot" of grass in front of his tent is heartwarming! Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer and some grass seed so that he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow under his feet. When the men of the squadron have a mission that they are going on, they take turns walking through the grass and the American soil -- to bring them good luck. You will see he is even cutting the grass with a pair of scissors. Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don't stop and think about the little things that we take for granted. Upon receiving this, say a little prayer for the soldiers that give and give (and give up) so unselfishly for us.

 
-->