Wednesday, January 02, 2008

IF ...

… I could send an email to my brother in heaven, this is what it will say:

I have never missed you more than last week when I had the pleasure of meeting your daughter’s husband for the first time.

No-one deserves the chance at happiness, security and a good life more than either of your two children. Our family grew by the addition of three new members last year, all within a few weeks of each other. Two of those marriages were your daughters. Unfortunately I couldn’t be at either of the two weddings in Amsterdam.

From the moment you left us to go be elsewhere, I have hoped that you are happily dancing with the angels. I also hope that you are smiling down on all of us while you dance and that you are seeing the joy your children are living.

Your daughter did you proud. Your daughter has found the place she deserves. Your daughter is radiant in her bliss and her husband is just what you would have hoped for, for her.

I miss you always, but I missed you more this past Shabbas. I would give just about anything to see you with your children again, and with my child … just about anything.

Sweetly, my darling brother!






 
-->