Monday, June 30, 2008

SMOOTH ...

This morning I went to the Dunkin Donuts drive-through. I ordered a large latte and a blueberry muffin. When I got home, I sat down at my kitchen table, sipped my latte, took a piece of my muffin and said, “Dee, this one’s for you, my friend!”

(A)Denise passed away
in the early hours of June 29th, 2008.

I will miss getting a text message reading, ”Got time for a DD visit?” Such messages used to come to me on days when (A)Denise wasn’t working. It was a play on words. We both called each other, Dee. So it was asking if I had time for a Denise/Dawn visit, but it was also code for DUNKIN DONUTS. I would always reply, “Yes!” and within 30 minutes, (A)Denise and I would be sitting at my kitchen table enjoying each others’ company a latte, and a blueberry muffin.

I will miss those songs she made up as her answering message on her voice mail. I would get other friends to call, listen to them and we would all laugh at the absurdity of it all.

As I said in my previous post, the sadness will lift but even now, the memories of the friendship are joyous and I am so grateful for having had the opportunity to have shared the time and space that we did.

In an email from (A)Denise to me at 9.47pm on May 1st, 2008:
Well guess I'm not going off to sleep as early as I'd hoped, but in the meantime, I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail to you that my skin is looking smooooooooooooth and radiant as a result of consistently using our wonderful Dead Sea beauty products. Thank you so much again for buying them. Maybe we should call ourselves the Smoothy Sisters now that we have smoooooooother looking skin.
Love and good nite kisses
Dee


In much the same way as we always said goodbye when the lattes and muffins were finished,



“Cheers, Dee – see you later!”

 
-->